Gary "Big Hands" Johnson
- Position: Defensive Tackle
- School: Grambling
- High School: Bossier City, LA (Mitchell HS)
- Years: 1971-1974
- Inducted: 1997
- Place of Birth: Shreveport, LA
- Date of Birth: Aug 31, 1952
- Place of Death: Baton Rouge, LA
- Date of Death: Aug 04, 2010
- Jersey Number: 79
- Height: 6-3
- Weight: 260
Member BiographyGary "Big Hands" Johnson stood 6-feet, 3-inches in height,
weighed 260 pounds, and played defensive tackle for Grambling.
Grambling had a 41-6 record in his four years, 1971-1974,
and he was named NAIA All-America. In 1974, he had 134 tackles,
89 unassisted, and was named the team's Most Valuable Player.
After the 1974 season, he played in the East-West Shrine Game
and the Senior Bowl and was named Most Valuable Player in both.
He was a three-time All-Southwestern Conference choice. He
played 11 years with San Diego and San Francisco in the
National Football League and was in four Pro Bowls.